|Lies, Subterfuge, Shady Corruption
||[23 Mar 2006|11:15pm]
01. Forrest McCullough - Flight F-I-N-A-L (excerpt 1) (WFMU Presents: The Happy Listener’s Guide to Mind Control)
02. The KLF - What Time is Love (LP Mix) (The White Room)
03. Portishead – Cowboys (Live: Roseland NYC)
04. Tweaker - Tiny Life (Live) (Linoleum EP)
05. Tricky - Tricky Kid (Pre-Millennium Tension)
06. Aphex Twin - Afx237 V.7 (Drukqs)
07. U.N.K.L.E. – Bloodstain (Psyence Fiction)
08. Nina Simone - Sinnerman (Felix Da Housecat's Heavenly House Mix) (Verve Remixed Volume 2)
09. Super Fury Animals - Wherever I Lay My Phone (That's My Home) (Guerrilla)
10. David Kitt - Song from Hope St. (Brooklyn, NY) (Big Romance)
11. The Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers - The Eventual Intimate of so Much Nostalgia (The Mother of Love Emulates the Shapes of Cynthia)
12. Onelinedrawing - We Had a Deal (Location is Everything Vol. 2)
13. Screeching Weasel - I Wanna Be a Homosexual (Kill the Musicians)
14. Jeff Buckley - Kick Out The Jams (Live At Columbia Radio Hour) (Grace)
15. Afghan Whigs – Debonair (Gentlemen)
16. Hot Water Music - Trusty Chords (Punk-O-Rama Vol. 8)
17. The Mountain Goats - Letter From Belgium (We Shall All Be Healed)
18. The Presidents of the United States of America - Kick Out The Jams (The Presidents of the United States of America)
19. The Union - Green Eyes (To Be Good at Something)
20. Sublime - What I Got (Sublime)
My first CD drop, not my first music drop (see Tapebomb). I've made four copies each of the CDs and tapes and will be dropping them in various places. I'll post specifics here as well as at Tapebomb about where and what responses I get. The CD is based on the set I played on my radio show on March 13, 2006.
Yes, this is an endless loop of self-promotion.
And please don't let me be the only person assaulting Pittsburgh with my musical taste. There needs to be more mixtaping/CDing in Pittsburgh. Let's make it happen.
|Overheard in Pittsburgh
||[12 Sep 2005|11:32am]
I figure Pittsburgh is a good place to overhear someone saying something interesting/crazy/funny, so I thought I would let everyone know about Overheard in Pittsburgh.
If you overhear anything interesting - on the street, in class, on the bus - pass it along to me with a brief description of the people involved at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Pittsburgh, this city of college students and work-a-day joes, of arts and beer and unreliable public transportation, it's hard not to overhear little bits of other people's lives.
In line at a fast food restaurant, a man yells into his cell phone.
He's yelling for you.
On the bus, two girls gossiping about a celebrity couple.
They're gossiping for you.
In class, a professor says something he really oughtn't.
He's saying it for you.
Welcome to Overheard in Pittsburgh, a collection of impromptu little public performances, reported and displayed for your enjoyment.
Overheard in Pittsburgh:
We're not eavesdroppers, we're attentive listeners.
[Crossposted to Pittsburgh communities]
||[02 Aug 2005|04:23pm]
I made a CD. The artwork isn't anything special, since I kinda hurried, so I'm not going to scan it.
01. Face Rub in the Mud - Kilowatt
02. XOXOXO - The Kinison
03. Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes
04. Bed of Roses on Repeat - Reasons for Leaving
05. What I Can't Describe - Transplants
06. The Only Living Boy in New York - Simon & Garfunkel
07. This Time is the Last Time - Mae
08. Every Great Western - The AKAs
09. Pictures - Unsung Zeros
10. I Don't Know - Punchline
11. Tune Out - Format
12. The Fallen Interlude - Blink182
13. To The End - My Chemical Romance
14. Warm Leatherette - Normal
15. Season - The Academy Is...
16. Pressure - Paramore
I titled it "Dance Bitches!" but it's not all dance stuff, it's mostly just a bunch of crap I've been shaking my ass to lately.
I'm going to drop it on my way to work, so I'll update tomorrow and let you all know where, and if it's still there.
||[02 Aug 2005|12:34pm]
Okay, my computer's been fixed, so I'm all ready to get in on this cd-drop action (that is, as soon as I hook it up -- I just moved and most of the cords are still in boxes). But what I'm wondering (and paranoid about) is this:
We're reproducing this copyrighted stuff without permission, and we're putting our contact info on the CD cases or whatnot. Considering all the file-sharing and music-sharing madness that's been going on in the past few years, couldn't a person get in some wicked trouble if a CD was traced back to them?
... that said, I'm still gonna do it. But I'm just wondering.
||[30 Jul 2005|07:00pm]
Okay, I made a Cd. It's Eurobeat themed, since it's my latest obsession. ^^; I haven't dropped it off yet, though. Sorry for the crappiness; my scanner eats colored pencil for dinner. It's better in real life.
||[29 Jul 2005|07:11pm]
This is a wonderful idea. I'm always looking for new music, and the best music is usually the kind that travels low on the media radar screen. I have friends in local bands in Columbus, Atlanta, and smaller cities, and I've always thought there should be more networks whereby this type of music can be spread by dedicated fans like me. I'm going to start making CD's on my next day off.
||[28 Jul 2005|07:35pm]
Here's my CD. It's crude, I know, but it's my first one. I'll work on my marker skills for the next one.
I haven't dropped it yet.
I dropped off my CD in the Strip District today. There was a upholstery store window with crackers in a stack on the sill. I put the CD next to the crackers.
001. New Pornographers - Mass Romantic
002. Eiffel 65 - Your Clown
003. Dandy Warhols - Cool Scene
004. Sleater Kinney - Rollercoaster
005. Rachael Cantu - In the City
006. Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
007. Tegan and Sara - Frozen
008. Garbage - Why do you Love Me
009. The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood # 1(tunnels)
010. Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
011. Natalie Imbruglia - Smoke
012. KT Tunstall - Other Side of the World
013. The Killers - Mr. Brightside
014. Veruca Salt - Volcano Girls